Night Photography & Light Painting with Kate Hailey
Learn, hands-on about creating awesome night cityscapes during this workshop.
We will meet at Glazer's for a lecture on the topic of Night Photography and Light Painting. During this session Kate will share images and how she created them. Kate will review recommended camera settings, techniques and compositional concepts.
- Essential settings to capture the vibrant life of a city at night
- Creating Light Trails and mastering Slow Shutter Speeds
- Light Painting, using creative tools to add unique elements to your night images.
- Composition for cityscapes
After the classroom component, we will meet at Pike Place Market to put the tips provided, into real world practice.
This will be a very hands-on experience, attendees will create images, with Kate's guidance, throughout the evening. The group will spend focused time, in a few locations to ensure attendees leave the workshop comfortable with the process of creating images at night and leaves with images they love!
Kate will provide a hand-out with essential tips for all attendees.
What to Bring
- Wide Angle Lens (Range: 16mm - 24mm) (recommended)
- Extra batteries
- Tripod (required)
- Cable Release - required for most cameras if you want to do more than a 30 second exposure
- Any light painting tools you may have!
- Notebook for taking notes
- Layers (it may be chilly) and comfortable shoes for some walking
If you don't own a tripod, consider renting one for the evening, a tripod is necessary for creating images at night! If you are considering renting gear for this event, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount coupon, towards your rental!!
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
2:00PM - 3:00PM - Glazer's Classroom
5:00PM - 7:00PM - Pike Place Market (Corner of 1st and Pike, in front of the Starbucks)
Attendees are responsible for their own transportation from Glazer's to Pike Place Market.